Formal education was introduced to Dinalupihan residents in the early 1800s. The first secular priests themselves taught the young and the old how to read and write. Using the church as classrooms, the Kartilya was used as the first instructional material of the children. Later, it was replaced by the Katon which became the “beginning reading book” for all students. It consisted of pictures, prayers, religious songs, lessons on numeracy and some common words and sentences in Spanish. Other lessons were geared towards the needs of the missionaries in their church activities. Praying and singing Church hymns were given primary importance. Different instructional materials were also used during the Spanish period. No municipal or barrio school was operating in Dinalupihan yet. Education was a complete monopoly of the church. The first public school opened in Dinalupihan a few years after the arrival of the Thomasites, a group of American teachers and volunteers who were tasked to propagate the American brand of education to the people. The Americans used education as tool to colonize the country and at the same time to improve the living conditions of the Filipinos. As expected, American teachers assigned in town fostered the learning of the American language.
Bangal Elementary School was a four-classroom primary school when it was inaugurated in 1968. Former Mayor Jose C. Payumo Jr. was the one who initiated the construction of the initial school facilities in the farthest barangay of the municipality. He also completed the said school in 1980 while he was still the town mayor. The school’s pioneer teachers were Rolando Hizon, Socorro Basco and Sonia Abella. Mr. Hizon also served as the school’s first principal from 1976 up to the time when Bangal finally introduced its Grade VI class in 1980.
Bataan State College (BSC) is one of the two tertiary schools in Dinalupihan. It offers various courses which include Bachelor’s degrees in Elementary Education, Education (Biological and Physical Sciences, Math and Social Studies) and Nursing under the BSC-Bataan Polytehcnic State College consortium program. The school also offers a Master of Arts degree in Education. The college is presently located beside the Dinalupihan Municipal Building compound in Barangay San Ramon. It initially opened inside the Dinalupihan Elementary School compound on November 26, 1988 as the “Bataan Teachers College.” The first teachers were Rosa Maria Cortes and Dr. Jose Cueva. Dr. Flordeliza R. Magday, the current Schools Superintendent of Bataan, was the first college president. In addition to the college department, the school also maintains 10 classrooms for its high school student population. For the School Year 2005-2006, BSC registered a total of 551 high school students.
Bayan-bayanan Primary School was built in a hilly lot near Mt. Malasimbu. The half-hectare lot was donated by two residents of the barangay, Mr. Pedro Paule and Mrs. Guillerma Pangilinan. With the help of the local government led by Mayor Jose Alejandre (Jojo) P. Payumo III and Brgy. Captain Antonio Manuel, the land was leveled. A one-room primary school was constructed and it opened in SY 2002-2003 with fourteen grade one pupils under Mrs. Lor Ronquillo, its first teacher. Mayor Joel Jaime P. Payumo continued the improvement of the school. Two classrooms were built in 2004 for grades II and III and for SY 2004-2005, two more teachers were assigned, Maricar A. Soriano and Marissa Sarmiento. Student population reached seventy-seven. Upon reaching grade four, the pupils had to enroll in nearby Pita Elementary School. For the last four years, Bayan-bayanan Primary School was supervised by the principal of Pita Elementary School, Mr. Estacio M. Oliveria. The present administrator is Ms. Elena P. Dizon.

Colo Elementary School is one of the first learning institutions established in Dinalupihan immediately after World War II. It started as a primary school, from Grade I to Grade II. The school’s formal inauguration was held in June 1952. The initial enrollment was 80 pupils. The first principal was Marcos Garcia. With a campus lot covering an area of 9,100 square meters, the school progressed steadily as years went by. By 1958, Colo was already a complete school.  The institution currently maintains 21 classrooms. The same number of teachers is currently assigned in Colo. For the School Year 2005-2006, the total enrollment was registered at 897. Mrs. Milagros G. Magisa is the present school principal. Incumbent Vice Mayor Leonardo Cruz is an alumnus of Colo Elementary School. Another alumnus, Annabelle Digma, topped the recent board examinations for Pharmacists.
Dalao Elementary School was established in 1972. It started as a primary school. At the onset, the barangay chapel was used as classroom. Its establishment was made possible through the initiatives of former Mayor Jose C. Payumo Jr. and Barangay Captain Esteban Layug Sr. It was the time when Dalao had only 269 residents, mostly belonging to the Layug, Manalansan and Regala families. There were only 15 Grade I pupils enrolled at the school on its initial year of operation. Myrna Penaflor was the first teacher. The following year, the school had a combination classroom for Grade I (16 pupils) and Grade II (8 pupils). On its third year, Mayor Payumo ordered the construction of a three-classroom building on a vacant lot which became the permanent school site. But two of the three classrooms were temporarily used as barracks by the Bravo Company of the Philippine Army. The government soldiers were sent to Dinalupihan to combat insurgency. Only the remaining room was used for the holding of the combination classes (Grades I and II). The soldiers only left the school after the situation in Dalao normalized. Still, the school remained incomplete for the next 10 years. As a result, children who finished Grade III in Dalao enrolled in the barrio school of Old San Jose in order to complete their elementary education. It was former Mayor Jose Alejandre Payumo who took the initiative of adding more classrooms to the school. Evelyn G. Regala, a former guidance counselor assigned in Dalao, volunteered to teach Grade VI subjects during the School Year 1998-1999. That same year, the school finally held its first commencement exercises for its 22 Grade VI pupils. Mrs. Pacencia de Guzman was the first principal. Some of the first graduates of Dalao Elementary School are now professionals, namely Raffy Abilong (a teacher at Pita Elementary School), Joyce Dampil, Joy Regala, Araceli Policarpio, Wilma Carpio and Mylene Tagorio (all Education graduates).
Dinalupihan then was a big parochial land owned by friars in Hermosa. A big parcel of land was apportioned to be its town school beside its municipal hall and public market to the north. Facing west it was fronted by the town plaza and the church and lined with the street which was later on called Padre Dandan. During the year 1901 logs from the nearby forests were hauled, cut and sawed as accounted by Miss Violeta Diaz’ father, Mr. Apolonio Diaz who later on became the town mayor during the Japanese Occupation. Built formally during the American Occupation the school was built with big rooms fronted by a big porch and other classrooms to its left and right wings on its north and south sides. Pine trees lined the front yard of the school and two mango trees provided shade for the playing children. The first bell, shown at present on the school HEKASI garden, marked 1861 was first intended for the town church. But since the church then was still made of indigenous materials the same bell was transferred to the school. It was donated by a certain Doña Jocson, a rich native of Dinalupihan. In front of the porch right where the bell hanged was the flagpole where both the American flag above and the Philippine flag underneath were being raised during flag ceremonies. 1938 was the last year for the seventh grade wherein Bishop Manuel Sobreviñas was one of the graduates of the last seventh grade.  Mr. Teofilo Dizon was said to be the principal during these years until 1946. 1939 graduation marked the graduation of the first sixth grades as related by Mrs. Conchita Peñaflor who was one of them. The Japanese Occupation cut suddenly the school educational activities.  Pictures of children having their classes with their teachers  were changed by the harsh voices and faces of Japanese soldiers. According to some accounts the school was changed into a garrison.  This was further proven when sacks and sacks of skulls and human bones were unearthed when a new building was constructed on its northern side last, believed to be remains of soldiers, Americans and Filipinos and innocent people tortured by the Japanese.  It was Father Willy Fabros, the parish priest who blessed them and laid them to rest.  People from other parts of Bataan came to watch the event for they believed their loved ones lost during the war, were one of them.  As the post war period commences, the school population grew. This was due to the influx of dropped-out children and children of well-to-do families from satellite barrios. Additional classrooms were built to its southern side for Grades V & VI pupils. A two storey home economics building was likewise constructed aligned with these buildings. Mr. Jose Bislig was said to be the principal during the post war period, Mrs. Margarita Estanislao followed the list of administrators then. School activities like the 4 H clubs, under the known teachers, Mrs. Feliza Diaz and Miss Lolita Mendoza were undertaken. Boyscouting under Mr. Mauricio Calibjo and Mr. Cenon Vianzon were made possible. Storms and typhoons added to the depreciation of the Gabaldon Type building. A wooden two-storey school replaced it. Together with it was the establishment of the first Kindergarten school under the principal ship of Mr. Remigio Reyes last 1973. A strong typhoone washed away again this wooden structure last 1985. But luckily this building was replaced by two buildings completely furnished together with the all-around fencing of the school through the Educational Support Fund Council (ESF) during the term of President Ferdinand Marcos. 1992 marked the construction of the U.S.A.I.D. red building during the Aquino administration through the effort of then Congressman Felicito C. Payumo.
Happy Valley Elementary School (HVES) opened its doors to the public for the first time in 1974. It was former Mayor Jose C. Payumo Jr. who made elementary education accessible to children living in the so-called periphery barangay of Dinalupihan.  Initially, however, the school only offered classes from Grade I to Grade IV. Although there were four available classrooms, only two teachers have been assigned in the area, namely Rosario Olaes and Lani Artiaga. In fact, HVES remained a primary school for the next 20 years more or less due to the slow increase of population in the area. The first school principal was Rosalinda R. Briones. But the succeeding Payumos who reigned over Dinalupihan from 1986 to the present have not forgotten what JCP did for the children of Happy Valley. In 1993, then Mayor Lucila Payumo finished what her late husband had started. She added four more classrooms and assigned additional teachers at HVES. The school became a complete learning institution and had its first graduation rites that same year. From the original 156 pupils in 1974, the student population at HVES reached the 189 mark during the School Year 2005-2006. Mr. Gualberto G. Soniega is the current principal of HVES.
J.C. Payumo, Jr. Elementary School started as a two-room primary school for Grades I and II. This was made possible through the efforts of Mayor Lucila “Lucy” Payumo. Then another two classrooms were added. The first two classes had a total of 36 enrollees. Rolando Serrano and Margarita Serrano were the pioneer teachers of the school. Enrollment increased so teachers had to make use of the chapel and the barangay hall as classrooms. Additional five classrooms were constructed under Mayor Jojo and two more were built in 2004 by Mayor Joel. This was a great relief for children who did not have to walk long distances to nearby barangay to study. The school came via a long route and was only completed in 1999, exactly 10 years after its initial inauguration. Former Mayor Jose Alejandre Payumo was responsible for the completion of the school which was started by his mother. J.C. Payumo, Jr. became a complete elementary school in 1999. Enrollment increased further and more teachers were assigned. From 2 teachers, J.C. Payumo Elementary School has now 16 faculty members and a principal. At first, it was placed under the supervision of the principal of Saguing Elementary School until Mrs. Juanita Canlas was assigned Teacher-In-Charge and finally as a principal until July 2007. She manages the 11 regular teachers assigned at the school, including the facilities which include 13 classrooms. She also encourages the present 482 students to seek breadth in their education.
Jose C. Payumo, Jr. Memorial High School (JCPJr.MHS) popularly known as Dinalupihan National High School is a government owned institution. Former name was Dinalupihan Municipal High School. The school was built through the combine effort of 15 Barangay Captains mostly from Dinalupihan and five (5) from Hermosa. Their primary aim is to help the poor to acquire less expensive yet quality education. The school started in 1981 with seven (7) faculty members headed by Mrs. Gregoria Barin and sixty five (65) students; 37 in first year and 28 in second year. From that year, a steady increase in the school population and simultaneously increase in the number of the faculty members were observe. A succession of several school head of school also occurred. After Mrs. Barin came Mrs. Tanega, followed by Mrs. Yumang, then Mrs. Sacdalan as OIC and Mr. Reyes, until Mrs. Adoracion C. Fernando arrived as principal. After 18 years, the enrollment reaches to 1,412, 44 teachers and 2 support personnel. Mr. Dave Cano, Mrs. De Roxas and Mrs. Marilyn Macaibay came into scene as principals too. This year the school will be celebrating its 25th Years Foundation Day. Dr. Luisa M. Isidro the principal together with the 3 department heads namely, Mr. Joselito Alipio (Math Head), Mrs. Eloisa dela Rosa (Science Head) and Mrs. Nieves Magistrado (English Head) continuously working together to make 42 faculty members and 6 non-teaching personnel as effective and efficient working force of this institution. The present school is 64 feet above the road elevation formerly own by Mr. Mariano Mendoza and Mr. Narciso de Leon cost of 5.5 million. These include the buildings and the site. New infrastructure projects were built inside the school campus and is hoping to construct more facilities to meet the globally and competitive needs of the students. Jose C. Payumo Jr. Memorial High School aims to provide quality and free education for all, which is relevant to ever changing world. It is also the school target to produce skillful and morally up right graduates ready to face the challenges of life and to contribute in the development and progress of the Filipino Nation. Situated in a 5,452 square meter lot, the school also hosts the newly-established J.C. Payumo Jr. Memorial High School.
Kataasan came from the word “Mataas” specifically referring to its geographical feature. The school was founded in 1951 and it was first named as KATAASAN COMMUNITY SCHOOL or PAARALANG NAYON NG KATAASAN. Before, the classes was held in Barangay Chapel near the old cemetery. The sole teacher then was Mrs. Maria Jimenez. When Mr. Remigio A. Reyes donated four (4) hectares of land as a school site to San Ramon Elementary School (formerly known as San Ramon Central), Kataasan Primarcy School, a sister school of SRES was relocated in the place since both headed by Mrs. Feliza Diaz. Little by little, the incomplete primary school became a complete primary. Two teachers were assigned to handle combination classes. Mrs. Severa Viray handled grade I and II, while Mr. Mariano Isip had Grade III and IV. In school year 1991-1992, a 1:1 teacher class ration began. Listed below are the names of teachers and school administrators who once assigned to serve Kataasan Elementary School. At present, SY 2008-2009 Pre-Elem Education was put-up through the initiative of school’s stakeholders.
Layac Elementary School is a non-central school situated in Layac, Dinalupihan, Bataan beside the national road where transportation is readily available. It started as a primary school in 1956. The mini chapel served as the first school building of grade pupils. The first teacher was Ms. Carmen Basa from Orani, Bataan. After several years the Secretary of the Board, Provincial Board of Directors, Mr. Mariano Reyes of Layac, Dinalupihan, Bataan upon the request of Mr. Ricardo Buensuceso donated 10,305 square meters of land for the school, but the Barangay Officials took some of it for the construction of the Barangay Hall and Barangay Health Center. Through the efforts of Mrs. Esperanza Ibon, Layac Elementary School has additional 9,014 square meters CLOA land titled lot. Layac Elementary School serves as the gateway to all schools in the Dinalupihan District. The school has six (6) classes and seven (7) teachers. At present, it has an enrollment of one hundred forty-five (145) school children.
Luacan Elementary School is one of the pioneering schools in Dinalupihan. It was established as a primary school in 1925. The school initially offered classes from Grades I to IV. Marcos B. Garcia and Cosme M. Magtanong were among the first four teachers assigned in Luacan. Marcos Garcia was also the first principal. The school was completed in 1927. It also offered Grade VII at the time when the said additional class became mandatory. Built on a 6,639 square meter lot, the school currently supports 18 classrooms. Seventeen teachers and two non-teaching workers are assigned in Luacan. Ms. Marsita M. Lllaneza is the school principal. From the original 120 pupils in 1925, the school registered a total population of 646 for the School Year 2005-2006. Luacan Elementary School has risen beyond the expectations of those who witnessed the growth of the academic institution. Some of the well-known and successful alumni of the school include Drs. Romeo Pineda, Analyn Ningala, Rosario A. Acuna, Marites Pinili, Enrique Justo, Engrs. Eduardo Pineda, Conrado S. Magtanong, Fernando S. Nacu and Atty. Irene Garcia.
The Luacan National High School is the biggest of the four existing public high schools in Dinalupihan in terms of student population. The other three secondary learning institutions are the Bataan State College, Pagalanggang High School and Jose Payumo High School.  For the School Year 1998-1999, Luacan High School had a population of 1,972 students while Payumo and Pagalanggang had 1,192 and 1,027 students, respectively. Bataan State College only had 261. During the School Year 2005-2006, the population of Luacan High grew to 2,323 students while the number of teachers was registered at 60, excluding the 14 non-teaching staff. Luacan High School opened formally in June 1966, during the term of former Mayor Jose C. Payumo Jr. It was initially named Luacan Barrio High School which later became Dinalupihan Municipal High School. It was changed again to Luakan High School and finally, Luacan National High School. In October 1968, Mayor Payumo wanted to rename the school as Luacan Arellano Memorial High School, in honor of Cayetano Arellano, the first Chief Justice of the Supreme Court. The idea, however, did not push through. The school sits on a one-hectare lot in the barangay. At the start, the school has only six classrooms while the students numbered to 75. It expanded through the years and presently maintains 40 classrooms.
Magsaysay Elementary School was one of the first major accomplishments of former Mayor Jose C. Payumo. Immediately after being sworn in as elected mayor of Dinalupihan in 1964, he embarked on his mission of establishing learning institutions in various parts of the municipality, specifically in the far-flung barangays. Barangay Magsaysay was one of the first beneficiaries of Mayor Payumo’s educational program. Within the same year, 1964, the Magsaysay Primary School was constructed in a lot formerly occupied by a sawmill company. It opened its doors to the children of the barangay who in the past attended classes in Colo and San Benito. At the onset, there was only one classroom and one teacher – Eufronia C. Yao. The initial classroom was made of wood, with sawali sidings and galvanized iron roofing. The following year, with the introduction of Grade II class, the barangay chapel was used by new teacher Divina A. Puzon as temporary classroom. Subic Naval Base, through the kindness of Rear Admiral Donald G. Bear, donated two new classrooms and a bell. The school slowly but surely blossomed into a bigger and better-equipped educational center. Grade VI class opened in 1965 and the school held its first commencement exercises for 28 graduates in 1966. At present, the 7,682 square meter campus has nine classrooms (including Kindergarten class) with the same number of teachers. Elvira R. Mina is the school principal.
Maligaya Elementary School was established in a 5,541 square meter barangay lot in 1994. Former Mayor Lucila P. Payumo was the one who initiated the establishment of the said barrio school. As a general rule, it started as a primary school with four available classrooms. The four pioneering teachers in Maligaya include Arlene Cruz, Mira Agudia, Dahlia Sebastian and Elma Dizon (who also became principal from 1999 to 2003). The school underwent the standard process of development whereby a new class is added each year. By 2002, Maligaya finally had a complete elementary school even though it has only five classrooms up to the present. The school buildings have undergone several major repairs, including the recent rehabilitation program initiated by a Japanese organization. The group was also responsible for the construction of the school’s perimeter fence, canteen, pathwalk and canopy. Margarita R. Fajardo, the current school principal, and seven other teachers attend to the educational needs opf the pupils. For the School Year 2005-2006, the school registered a total student population of 151.
New San Jose Elementary School started as a one-room school building in 1918. It was built by the residents of the barangay through bayanihan. Adriano Reyes was the first teacher. The following year, he taught combination grades of one and two. Pupils enrolled at the central school to finish elementary education. In 1934, Grades III and IV were added to the former San Jose Barrio School. To accommodate more pupils, the barrio chapel was also used as classroom. The school closed during the war years. It re-opened on July 7, 1946 as New San Jose Elementary School. The school was demolished in 1965 and replaced with Marcos-type school buildings. In 1990, then Congressman Felicito C. Payumo ordered the demolition of the old buildings and replaced with six new ones. In 1992, two-storey buildings were also built in the campus.
The Northern Bataan Institute (NBI) is the pioneering secondary learning institution in Dinalupihan. It was established and opened to all high school students in June 1945, four months after the municipality was liberated by the American forces from the Japanese domination. The school was the brainchild of Fr. Ricardo Easguerra, then the parish priest of Dinalupihan. Initially, the school was established beside the St. John Baptist Church (at the site presently occupied by the St. John Academy, Barangay Rizal). It was relocated to the other side of Rizal Street (at its present site) when Fr. Esguerra, a native of Pulilan, Bulacan passed away in 1957. Fr. Florentino Guiao of Betis, Pampanga, replaced Fr. Esguerra as parish priest of Dinalupihan. In 1960, Fr. Guiao opened a diocesan school at the site vacated by NBI. The school came to be known as St. John Academy. Juan Esguerra, brother of Fr. Esguerra, and Maria Payumo, grandmother of Mayor Joel Jaime Payumo, continued the operation of NBI to keep pace with the rapid urbanization of Dinalupihan and the neighboring towns. Upon the assumption of Napoleon Esguerra, Juan’s son, as school administrator, the school embarked on a massive building construction and maintenance, facilities acquisition and faculty development program. In addition to its two-storey main building, NBI also maintained two other facilities which have been the home of quality education for the past 60 years. The school has produced excellent and virtuous graduates who contributed to the manpower requirement of the town and the country, in general. In addition to its high school department, the school has also offered college courses in Elementary Education, Education, Computer Science and Secretarial course.
Old San Jose Elementary School’s early history was that of New San Jose Elementary School. It was only in September, 1951 that then Miss Dominga Aguilar (now Mrs. Peñaflor) was assigned to teach Grade I and II pupils using the chapel as classroom. Singlehandedly, she taught her pupils who were just happy to attend classes in a school which is nearer their residence instead of going to New San Jose Elementary School. Lacking in facilities and amenities, she was aided by the Fernandez Family to make learning more conducive. Then, a grade III class was added. The school finally received its fourth classroom at the start of the School Year 1963-1964, during the term of former Mayor Quintin Sta. Maria (1962-1963). It was one of his major accomplishments while serving as replacement of suspended Mayor Federico A. Muli. Former Mayor Jose C. Payumo Jr.(1964-1986) was the one responsible for the completion of the said elementary school. He ordered the construction of new classrooms in the area at the start of his second term as mayor of Dinalupihan. It was only in 1970 when the school formally became known as Old San Jose Elementary School. That same year, the first graduation rites were held. The school suffered major damages as a result of the Mount Pinatubo eruptions but the buildings were immediately repaired. Fr. Ulysses Castro, Dr. Priscila Chavez, Dr. Juliet Castro, Engr. Elizear Manabat and Councilor Petronilo Garcia were just a few of the alumni of the Old San Jose Elementary School. The present school maintains 16 classrooms, including the principal’s office, function rooms and library. Ten teachers and two non-teaching staff are currently assigned at the school. For the School Year 2005-2006, the school population was registered at 298 pupils. after new classrooms were added to the school.
Pag-asa Elementary School is one of the newest learning institutions in Dinalupihan. It started as a primary school in 1994, during the last term of former Mayor Lucila P. Payumo and Barangay Captain Eugenio R. Acson. The school started as a one-classroom learning center. Annabelle Mendoza was the pioneer teacher. Through the resourcefulness of former Mayor Jose Alejandre Payumo, Lucila’s son, the school was finally completed in 1999. The school sits on a 5,523 square meter lot, big enough for the six classrooms constructed in the area. From the original 24 enrollees, the student population has grown and blossomed as additional facilities were introduced in Pag-asa. For the SY 2005-2006, the school registered some 240 pupils. Mrs. Victoria Soniega is the current school principal. She manages six other teachers assigned in Pag-asa.
Pagalanggang Elementary School is located at the Northern part of Dinalupihan, Bataan. It has a land area of 9,363 square meters. It was school year 1955-1956 when Pagalanggang Elementary School came into existence. During this year the first batch of Grade One pupils was housed at the Barangay chapel and the teacher was Mr. Edilberto Peñaflor. The following year, another batch of Grade I was enrolled and together with the Grade Two pupils, they were already housed at the present site. Since the classrooms were not sufficient, Grade Three in the succeeding years were housed in Old San Jose Elementary School and then Grades IV, V, VI in the following years were housed at New San Jose Elementary school. The Teacher-in-Charge then was Mr. Rogelio Buenaventura.
The Pagalanggang National High School is considered as one of the major accomplishments of former Mayor Lucila P. Payumo. It was established in 1994, during her second term as municipal mayor of Dinalupihan. It was made possible through the support of former Congressman Felicito C. Payumo. Mayor Payumo saw the need for a secondary learning institution in the northern part of the municipality which will serve the children of San Simon, Tucop, Dalao, Pita, Sapang Balas, Pagalanggang, Old San Jose, New San Jose, and even Sto. Nino and the distant Bayan-bayanan This vision was shared by Congressman Payumo who immediately appropriated part of his pork barrel to acquire a lot and start the establishment of the initial buildings of Pagalanggang National High School. Mayor Payumo’s son who succeeded her, Jose Alejandre, continued the program and personally saw the completion of the said high school. In addition to the 12 existing classrooms, the Japan International Cooperation Agency (JICA) has donated a single storey, three-classroom building for Pagalanggang National High School.
A two-classroom building was constructed through the joint efforts of Brgy. Captain Alejandro Tala and Congressman Felicito C. Payumo. It opened in June 1997 with 35 grade I pupils handled by Mrs. Virginia Santos. It was under the administered by the Principal of DES, Mrs. Virginia Santos. A grade II class opened in 1988 under Mrs. Edna Tajonera with volunteer teacher Liza Sioson, Grade I teacher. In 2000, only grade I class remained with Mary Ann A. Almes as the permanent teacher. Two Grade I classes opened in 2005 with Mary Ann Gabriel handling the other section, but was replaced by Windy Peñaflor. Present enrollment is 60.

Pinulot Elementary School was inaugurated in 1963 as a primary school. There were four initial classrooms with the same number of pioneer teachers which include Paulita Martinez, Alex Martinez and Luis San Valantin, Sr. The Pinulot school was completed in 1967. It currently maintains 15 classrooms built on a 4,651 square meter lot. The educational needs of the pupils are being attended to by a principal, Dr. Corazon D. Olarte, 12 regular teachers, one pre-elementary teacher and one volunteer. Existing school records showed that on August 29, 1977, an encounter between the NPA rebels and military soldiers occurred near the school. For one whole week, no classes were held in Pinulot. In February 2001, a group of Korean volunteers visited the school and taught the pupils some new trends in the educational system. Dr. Roger de Padua, current principal of New San Jose Elementary School, is an alumnus of Pinulot ES. Other well-known alumni include David Edellion (St. Luke’s Hospital), Engr. Marlon Ellamil and Eden A. Galang (a registered nurse assigned in Bangal).
Roosevelt Elementary School was the next best thing that happened to the barangay after its famous natural landmark, the Roosevelt Park, was named as the permanent home of the Boy Scout of the Philippines in Central Luzon in 1966.  It was the late Mayor Jose C. Payumo Jr. who initiated the establishment of a primary school in the area in 1968. It had only two classrooms and two teachers (Ernesto Penaflor and Alex Martinex) during its inception year. Mayor Payumo, despite the lack of financial support from the provincial government, was able to complete the Roosevelt Elementary School in 1975. He solicited the assistance of the officers of the United States Naval Base in Olongapo City who immediately provided the materials used in building additional classrooms. American servicemen also came to Roosevelt and helped put up the new building facilities. They also donated textbooks, encyclopedia and other reading materials. The present Roosevelt Elementary School has 14 classrooms with the same number of teachers. For the School Year 2005-2006, the student population was 529 pupils.
Saguing Elementary School opened as a Primary School in 1960. It started with grades I & II with Mr. Marcelino Peñaflor as the first teacher. The Barangay chapel served as their classroom. In 1961, grades III & IV were admitted and Mrs. Leonida Peñaflor was the teacher. The couple is credited with the improvement of the school. Succeeding years saw the construction of classrooms and the increase of enrollment until it became a complete elementary school and was named Saguing Elementary School. School years 1972-1975 proved to be years of development under its principal, Mrs. Juanita Reyes.
Saint John Academy was born out of a clamor for a Catholic educational institution which will provide a deeply-rooted Christian formation to the young and which can supply the volunteers for the Parochial catechetical program at the public schools within the parish. The new academy, following the example of its patron saint, has proven its worth in its scholastic performance in different competitions and in its inspiring religious activities within the parish community. After being recognized as a government mandated Private School the dynamism of its operation produced successful graduates, nurtured with Christian values. St. John Academy is the only diocesan school in Dinalupihan. Locate beside the St. John the Baptist Church along Rizal Street, the school opened in June 1960 to serve the educational needs of high school students in Dinalupihan. It was Rev. Fr. Florentino Guiao, a native of Betis, Pampanga who was assigned as parish priest of Dinalupihan (1957-1988) who established the said school at the site formerly used by the Northern Bataan Institute (NBI). Fr. Guiao also served as assistant director of the academy. In addition to Fr. Guiao, some of the other acknowledged pillars of St. John Academy were Violeta Diaz, Isagani Santos, Jose Guiao, Leonides Beltran, Eufronia Candelaria, Cresencia Hocson, Corazon Iguico, Purita Sobrevinas and Veronica Vitug. The first graduates are the so-called “Magnificent Seven” namely: Lolita Salang-Mallari, Perlita Peñaflor-Ocampo, Leonila Fernandez, Andres Viray, Augusto del Rosario, Ireneo Bernaldo and Reynaldo Flores. The student population grew as years went by. The enrollment was registered at 903 students during the School Year 2000-2001. The school has really blossomed into a bigger, better learning center. It currently maintains new three-storey buildings equivalent to 20 well-furnished classrooms. The facilities were completed in 2004, during the term of Rev. Fr. Wilfredo Fabros. Twenty seven teachers and nine non-teaching staff are employed at the school to help the students not only to become able individuals but also responsible members of the community. Saint John Academy came into existence not merely to provide quality education but more importantly, Christian formation to its students. Various religious educations such as the Student Catholic Action Children of Mary and Legion of Mary were established to initiate students into the apostolic life of the Church. However, what was considered as the most significant contribution of the academy of the parish was the catechetical program wherein its junior and senior students taught the Catholic Faith in the elementary schools of the parish.
Saint Joseph School of Dinalupihan was conceived by two top-notch educators, Mrs. Lina M. Nacu and Dr. Flordeliza R. Magday. It was Mrs. Nacu’s desire of providing quality education to her children that in 1994, Engr. Fernando Nacu and Mrs. Lina Nacu opened Saint Joseph Special School with three classes; Nursery, Kindergarten and Pre-Elementary. Enrollment increased and additional grade levels were opened. A new three-storey building with ten classrooms each with its own restrooms and finished in 1996. By SY 1996-1997, St. Joseph Special School was a complete Elementary School. In 2005, the name of the school was changed to SAINT JOSEPH SCHOOL OF DINALUPIHAN. Saint Joseph School’s mission/vision is to produce graduates who will be future leaders of our country who are intellectually capable, morally upright, socially concerned and most of all GOD FEARING.
San Benito Elementary School was established as a primary school in early 1964. The barangay chapel was used as the first classrooms. Mrs. Paciencia D. de Guzman was its first multi-grade teacher. It only became a complete school in 1968, during the administration of former Mayor Jose C. Payumo Jr. It was made possible through the Reparation program of the national government which supplied pre-fabricated school buildings to many rural areas like Sab Benito, Dinalupihan. The buildings have been replaced by new and modern classrooms. Although San Benito Elementary School’s campus lot (10,336.88 square meters) is bigger than Colo (9,100 sq.m.), the former has fewer classrooms (18 only) and lesser population (574 pupils). In SY 2000-2001, the total enrollment in San Benito was 615. Jeolfa Reyes is the current principal. The school has 17 teachers and two non-teaching workers.
San Pablo Elementary School was inaugurated as a primary school in 1968. Ms. Teresita Decena was the first teacher. It was former Mayor Jose C. Payumo Jr. who started the ball rolling by building the first classroom in the barangay. Soon after, he sought the assistance of the US Subic Naval Base which responded well and immediately donated materials for the construction of additional classrooms. Textbooks and other school equipment were also given away by the Naval Base officials. Unfortunately, San Pablo Elementary School remained a primary school for the next 27 years. Children who wanted to finished grade school had to enroll in Colo Elementary School and other nearby barangay schools. Nearing the end of her term in office, former Mayor Lucila Payumo did one last good thing for San Pablo. She completed the school by ordering the construction of the last two classrooms in 1995. It was inaugurated in June of the same year. The school presently has 13 classrooms. Ten teachers are assigned in Pag-asa, excluding its principal, Mrs. Imelda Trinidad.
San Ramon Elementary School was inaugurated in July, 1957. The first building called Gabaldon was built on a 15,000 meter square lot. It has four big classrooms for Grades I, II, III and IV and one office for the principal. The first teachers were Mercy Amarles, Adoracion Cruz, Aida Francisco and Edilberto Peñaflor teaching Grade I, II, III and IV respectively. The first principal was Primitivo Aguilar. In 1959 it became a complete elementary school with the addition of Grade V class under Pablo R. Manalili and Grade VI under Mrs. Feliza A. Diaz. Since then, San Ramon Elementary School has produced graduates who are presently successful in their chosen career like Dr. Wilma Diwa-Mallari, Municipal Administrator, Fernando P. Manalili, Dr. Alice Momo Laixi, Dr. Enric Sanchez (Ph.D.) a dentist, Dr. Leonila Sta. Maria, Virgilio P. Manalili, DWD General Manager. At present, 2008, the school has 43 classrooms with 22 classes, 25 teachers and 2 non-teaching staff. It has continually achieved honors both in academics and sports. It is now the Central School of the West District since 2004. The present principal is Mr. Edgardo M. Puzon.
It was Congressman Felicito “Tong” C. Payumo, with the help of Captain Jose de Leon, who facilitated the purchase of the lot for San Simon Elementary School. Construction of the school started in 1995. It opened with a single classroom for Grade I in 1997. The first pupils were provided with free school supplies by Mayor Jojo Payumo. The first teacher is Mrs. Janette Domingo. The school was administered by the late Benjamin Lingad who was the principal of Tucop. Additional classrooms were built until it became a complete Elementary School. The school was placed under the supervision of the principal of Pagalanggang Elementary School, Mrs. Ester Timpug. Due to increased enrollment, additional teachers were hired and the first principal for the school, Miss Elma Dizon, was appointed. A PTA funded Pre-Elementary School was also opened.
The Sto. Niño Elementary School (SNES) opened in the late 1950s as a one-classroom primary school. It was not a real classroom per se. While the residents were waiting for the formal recognition of Sto. Nino from a sitio to a barangay, multi-classes were already being held inside the new chapel built by the Sto. Nino residents themselves through the bayanihan spirit. Solidad Simsuangco was the first teacher in the area. Former Mayor Jose C. Payumo initiated the formal opening of the said school. Earlier, children of the barangay who wished to finish elementary education enrolled at the New San Jose Elementary School for their primary education. The school finally became known as Sto. Nino Primary School after receiving a three-classroom building from the Philippine Authority for Community Development (PACD). The school facility was built on a lot donated by Benita Pangan Paguio. Soon after, new teachers were assigned in the area. These include Nelly Reyes, Ester Mallari, Clarita Calibjo, Ester Mallari-Timpug (present Dinalupihan ES principal), Irene D. Tan, Dalisay Zuniga and Alfred Calibjo. Due to the growing school population, the school was transferred to its present site, a lot donated by the late Mrs. Maura Gudmalir. The Sto. Nino school became a complete school in August 1995, during the administration of former Mayor Lucila P. Payumo. That year, it registered a total population of 239 pupils. But the school remained under the supervision of the principal of New San Jose Elementary School. It was only during the term of Mrs. Dalisay C. Zuniga when it became an independent school. The school registered a total population of 221 students during the School Year 2005-2006. The present principal is Mrs. Arlene S. Carlos, and assisted by seven regular teachers.
Tubo-tubo Elementary School is the newest learning center to be recognized as a complete institution for grade school pupils in Dinalupihan. It was inaugurated as a complete school in June 2006, during the term of current Mayor Joel Jaime P. Payumo. It was no less than Mayor Payumo’s older brother, Jose Alejandre, who put the first classroom in Tubo-tubo in June 2002. Rocky B. Beltran was assigned as the first teacher of the newly-created barangay primary school. There were 15 Aeta pupils who initially enrolled at the school. The Jojo-Joel Payumo tandem made it all possible for Tubo-tubo residents to have a complete school in June 2006. The current administration is presently moving heaven and earth to complete the additional school facilities.
Tucop Elementary School opened as a primary school in using a container van as its first classrooms. The container van was acquired from the Subic Naval Base in 1964 by the “Teniente del Barrio” and his 7 “Kagawads”. The van was divided into two classrooms, one for grades I and II under Miss Irene Dizon, and the other half for grades III and IV under Miss Rosalina Buenaventura. The principal of Pagalanggang Elementary School supervised Tucop Primary School. Trinidad Villanueva – David started teaching in 1972, the longest-serving teacher in the school. Through the efforts of Brgy. Captain Arturo Goco, a three-classroom building was constructed, replacing the container van. In 1994, Tucop Primary School became a complete Elementary School. The first Teacher-In-Charge was the Mrs. Adoracion Lopez. At present, Tucop Elementary School is composed of 11 rooms.

Iskolar ng Bataan